Opensees Package - "Failed to import on Windows" Problem

Hello All,

I am a structural engineer who tries to use opensees package inside dynamo then I could create parametric structural analysis. The problem is that:

I have followed procedure that is explained below for adding external packages.

In the light of the information I have created a simple script that gives me attached warning. Can anyone face with similar problem?

Looks like the latest version of OpenSeesPy requires Python version 3.11. I am not sure if the default Dynamo engine covers that build - the initial was 3.8 if I recall. Check what Python version you’re using by calling sys.version - something like

import sys
OUT = sys.version

It is 3.9.12

And as such the latest version of OpenSeesPy package won’t work. You’ll need to find a version which is built for Python 3.9. I believe you will also need to install OpenSees itself, so be sure to get the version of OpenSees which was built for the OpenSeesPy version which you wind up using. The OpenSeesPy GitHub is likely a better place to get help with this task.

Alternatively you can look into Robot Structural Analysis or other tools (I have seen applications which are entirely Python based work).