OD table not added to objects created with Dynamo

Hi,

I have an excel table of GIS points with attribute data that I would like to attach as an object data table.

I made a script that takes the X Y coordinates from the table and places a block at the right location, created the object data table with dynamo and fields but somehow the table dont seem to get attached. The table gets created, I can see that in Civil, but they dont get attached to the blocks. It is a long list, so I tried only attaching one field, tried shortening the list to only 100 points, tried leaving data empty in the table and having only some columns filled, tried creating circles instead of blocks, but it never seems to work. But no errors. Everything works without errors, but the Object Data is not created.

Any suggestions?

PointsFromExcelToBlockswithOD.dyn (65.7 KB)
Ljos - 100.xlsx (23.9 KB)

Hi @peterfarkas ,

The thing that comes to mind here is that you probably have to ‘refresh’ your Civil3D, the changes have been made, but aren’t visible untill you refresh.

You could do this manually by using the REGEN command or by adding some nodes at the end of your script which would send this command + ‘Enter’ automatically to the Civil3D command line. I know that the Camber package has a node to send commands automatically.

Thank you @Daan

I was very hopeful with this one as you are right about pointing out some attribute changes do need a refresh. I did a manual regen, did a save close open with the file but the Object Data does not for some reason want to attach to the blocks.

But I will try doing a regen maybe somewhere in the graph.