Occupancy script issue

I am having an issue with a script that worked when I was running 2020, but when I moved firms and upgraded to 2022 it won’t run and I’m not savvy enough to figure out the issue. I have attached a screenshot. Thanks for the help.

These are the packages I have installed.

Can you post your .dyn file so we can see what the issue might be?
My guess would be a change in the back end code if it isn’t working between versions, so tweaking the internal workings of the ‘Read Excel’ node may need to be looked at.

LS_Set Up Function Of Space Key.dyn (42.0 KB)

I have tested this node in Revit 2022, Bumblebee version v2021-25-3 and it appears to work. What version of the package is installed? Try un-mappping your packages, getting a fresh copy of the BB package and mapping it locally to a folder on your PC and see what happens.

1 Like

Cool! I’ll try it when I get into the office in the morning.

So, I had a coworker, who doesn’t really use Dynamo, install the 2 packages and it worked on her computer. I tried uninstalling all my packages and starting over and that didn’t work.

I googled the issue and came across this forum:

I am getting a similar dynamo issue error as they show:

I have tried removing all the add-ins and deleting the settings folder for dynamo and I still get the error?

Do you have any suggestions? I know we are planning on updating to 2023 soon, so I might just table the issue and try again when we update.

To confirm: you’re removing all of your Revit add-ins, not a Dynamo ones, correct?

The areas where I removed the add ins were these locations:

user->appdata->roaming->Dynamo ----> deleted settings
user->appdata->roaming->autodesk->revit->addins->2022
programdata->autodesk->revit->addins->2022
programdata->autodesk->applicationplugins

Here is a picture of the latest error from dynamo:

And in Revit you have nothing beyond the standard tabs? I believe that this particular warning is between the authentication needed for package manager, and therefore can be dismissed as it’s a false flag of sorts.

Swapping out the BB node for the standard excel one may also work, or you could move to a CSV workflow, or just pass the data one time into a key schedule and use “transfer views from file” to pull the various key schedules you need.

I tried removing all the add-ins again and took a screenshot of the ribbon.

I ran it again and still did not populate. I had my co worker run it again to see what appeared and here is her screenshot.

Here is the latest screenshot of my program:

This is becoming increasingly odd and frustrating seeing it work on everyone else’s computer and not mine. Any additional ideas of what you think the issue might be?

Could be a bad install of excel. Try the out of the box nodes to see if those work - they have different error handling.

I don’t actually have excel installed because our office doesn’t use it. Do I need it on my computer to run? I could download a trial of it and then cancel it after that.

I tried a different node and it was able to read the file. It looks like it doesn’t ‘stop’ reading the excel though and so the list is of items is quite large. Then there was a new error when I ran it.

Here is an updated copy of the node
LS_Set Up Function Of Space Key.dyn (45.3 KB)

So I did some more messing with it and actually was able to get it to create the key schedule, but one of my rows was off. Are you able to see what I need to change?

Dynamo File:
LS_Set Up Function Of Space Key.dyn (62.7 KB)

Thanks for all the help!

Here is what showed up when I ran it

You can see that the rows with IBC 2018 and LS occupant load are not in the correct spot.

Without seeing the excel data I’m not sure where the error is.

Sorry about that, here is a screenshot of the excel file, tab 2018.

Could it be that the bumblebee node doesn’t work because I don’t have excel on my computer?

Yes - you’ll need excel installed to work with excel files.

Okay, that didn’t dawn on me. I assumed you just needed the excel file. Since I didn’t have Excel I was just using an open source software to edit the file.

You may want to shift to having a colleague run this value once in an RVT for each tool, naming the key “IBC 20XX Occupancy” (adding the year to keep it current) and then look into using the TransferViewFromFile node. In my opinion that’s a more robust tool as if you do it in 2020 you can insert into any other file, it doesn’t require any 3rd party dependency upkeep, and still allows for ‘one time’ updates every couple years or so when the building code is revised.

2 Likes