NWC file of Solids

Hello,

I am trying to find a way to create a Naviswork file through Dynamo, something similar to NWCOUT command. Two possible cases i can think of -

1. Solids are created in Dynamo and needs to be exported to Navisworks.
  2. Select Solids in civil 3d and create a naviswork file for selected solids.

Is this possible for civil 3d ? i can see it can be done for Revit but not sure if we have any nodes for this in civil 3d.

Thanks for support

I haven’t used the NWCOUT command, are there options to export just selected or just visible objects? If so you might be able to isolate/select, run the command, and then remove the isolation.

What options do you have in the NWOPT window?

Thanks @jacob.small
NWCOUT command takes everything out and create NWC file, so the object selection isolation can work.

command i can provide from the code shared previously on the forum and can provide the path to store the file.

Not much help with NWOPT as it doesn’t have much options.

Hmmm… moving stuff to a ‘frozen’ state might work in some cases (assuming that does what it seems to indicate).

Curiously, what does the ‘selection’ option set on the left reveal? Might be nothing, but it could also be a silver bullet.

If nothing pans out, wblocking the sections of the file to a new temp DWGs and exporting those may work. A customization of the exporter may be required though.

Yup will test with the suggest work flow of Frozen/ Isolation. Thanks

SELECTION option on left in above image is not relevant to our query.

Generally we take corridor solids or general solids to a new drawing and then create NWC to avoid things coming along with solids to navisfiles. I am trying to eleminat this step and directly create navis from selected solid through Dynamo. lets see if i can find a way, will keep posting the updates.

1 Like