No parameter found by that name

Hi !
I am new to Dynamo, so it could be a simple question. I am trying to get multiple materials to my curtain panels. I am getting the warning; No parameter found by that name and I am struggling to find a solution. Can anyone help?!!

Hello mp94DSF,

I have attached an image below. Please arrange your nodes like that. I hope it helps.Please Ignore the Errors.
Fast

Please reply to me if it helped you. Likes are always appreciated.

Regards,
Nainoor

1 Like

Material is a type parameter so you’ll have to set it for the family type rather than every family instance. The material name also needs to match exactly.

Another problem you’ll most likely run into is the list structure. Right now you have 4 material types for 15375 panels. That’s not going to work. You’ll either need to set all panels (types) to a single material or have a material for every panel (type).

Hello nainoorpatel.

Thank you for the fast reply. I rearranged my nodes and it did help. However I am only getting 1 material for my curtain panels in revit and I would like 4 different materials.

Hello Nick_Boyts

This is what I am trying to achieve: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5CLR4IRsr0. In the video he’s only using 3 materials for his curtain panels. I’ve watched his steps and the setup in Revit is exactly the same as in the video. I would like to randomize the curtain panels. I hope you can help me out.

Hi Magni,

Did you set up a custom curtain panel family, with an instance material parameter, as the fellow does in the vid?

Could you expand the exception you are getting in the SetParameter node?

1 Like

Hi Martin

Yes i did exactly as he did in the video.

In the SetParameter node I get this warning: Warning: Element.SetParameterByName operation failed.
No parameter found by that name.

Hope you can help me out.

Have you double checked the elementry stuff, like your parameter names?

It works fine for me:

CW Panel
CWP-Test.rfa (332 KB)
dyn:
CWP-Test.dyn (5.7 KB)

Remeber to create the materials in the project.

As a side note:

This isnt the most efficient way to create the random colering since you manually have to tell how many times to cycle the materials :-).
Search the forum for other ways to do this. It’s been handled many times, as far as i remember :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi everyone.

Thanks for amazing response. The problem is now solved. Problem was the Code Block, as i have 15375 curtain panels, I had to change the Code Block to 16000.