No parameter found by that name. What should i do?

Hi! it’s my first time using Dynamo and i have a parameter problem here. iIt says that “no parameter found by that name” i have read all of the threads here on this forum but nothing seems to work for my project.
I am trying to make an adaptive curtain wall by following a youtube tutorial from Revit Snippet: Create Adaptive Curtain Wall with Multiple Attractors - YouTube , then i tried to follow a kind of similar project from (Full Tutorial) Point attractor/line attractor using Dynamo in Revit - YouTube (both got stuck in parameter).
Looking for advise on what i’m doing wrong here.
Thanks in advance! :smiley:

Hi @osthatata , welcome them to the community!

after this process using gets the item by index…then use that item for your use.

Parameters.dyn (8.1 KB)

if your items are in the 7th index use that number a sin below the image.

@osthatata You don’t have to add double quotes for the parameter name in a string node.
Just param written in the string node should do the trick.

Can you try that and let us know what happens?

hi Vijay! thank you for your help. my parameter is an instance, but where should i connect it? ive tried to connect it to Family Types and/or Select Model Elements, nothing happen and the "x Comments: " doesn’t come out. and when i tried to connect it to Element.SetParameterByName it says Warning: Element.SetParameterByName expects argument type(s) (Revit.Elements.Element, string, var), but was called with (Revit.Elements.FamilyType, Revit.Elements.Parameter, double).
i dont understand

Hi AmolShah! yes i been there and nothing happened

@osthatata It’s because param is an instance parameter in your project and you are trying to apply that to a family type (since you called the ElementType and ByFamilyType node). If you want to apply any value to a family type then you need to use a type parameter.

1 Like

so should i change my instance parameter to type like this? or should i change the node?
sorry if i ask a lot. i really appreciate your help!

oh and i apply both FamilyInstance and ElementType nodes and the only thing i changed is the parameter (between type and/or instance), but it keeps saying no parameter found

if you share your sample family I can confirm.