“New Sizes” in the catalog

Hello everyone!

I want to be able to create “New Sizes” in the catalog.

I am trying to automate the process of creating and introducing manually the pipe and segment charts.
I was able to achieve to make Dynamo read the data from a .csv file, but I am missing the step where I can transfer the data through Dynamo into Revit.

I followed @Cyril_Waechter ´s steps in order to achieve this sequence. (http://pythoncvc.net/?p=222)

Below I attached a screenshot in which you can see the exact step that I cannot figure out just yet.

I also tried to modify the Python code, but as I do not know a lot about Python any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

The python node says that it expect a FLOAT but was fed a STR.

Essentially, your list seem to be strings, convert them to integer using a “to number node”

STR: "15"
INT: 15
FLOAT : 15.0000000

It’s still not working :frowning: . Now, the warning says:

“Warning: IronPythonEvaluator.EvaluateIronPythonScript operation failed.
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “”, line 11, in
TypeError: expected Reference, got list”

Thanks for your time!

If you look at the original post you will see that the Element.Id node is actually a different one. I expect that that node actually returns an ElementId and not an int (like the Element.Id node in your graph does).
Also make sure to only input a single ElementId and not a list.

It WORKS!, but it’s just with index [0]. But if I connect the list it doesn’t work. The warning says:

File “”, line 24, in
TypeError: expected float, got list”

I thought to connect List.Cycle (amount=number of elements in the lists), but it doesn’t work either. The warning says:

File “”, line 15, in
TypeError: expected Reference, got list”

Thanks all for your time!

Hi everyone!

I have found a solution, even better that I was looking for. Now I can create the segment too. It is great!
It is in the link, an old post.

It is in russian, but it is all explain in it.

Thanks everybody for your time and thanks @catexis