Excel to revit error


#1

Hi ,

Im trying to push information from a excel sheet to revit but it wil not do it for some reason

if you could help me out a little bit that would be cool

(

(im trying to put the info in the element type section)


#2

First of all:
Are you working in a project? If you’re not, Dynamo won’t affect the parameters.
Next to that: what does your excel sheet look like? It’s pretty difficult to know what might be going wrong with the list if you can’t see that.


#3

Hi

Im working in the project

and my excel is simpel it starts from row 0 and colum A

could it be a problem that i am asking for information from 2 colums when there are more in use in excel?


#4

Yes, it tries to load in everything that’s on the page.

It might be useful to add some watch nodes (especially after the Excel.ReadFromFile node) to check out everything that’s going on.


#5

Ok
Be wright back !


#6

Ok

at the moment now i am seeing all the things i am asking for

In This pic a set a red cros by the things im wanting to change


#7

You want to change them how?


#8

Ive changed some parameter values in excel and whant to shoot that back


#9

I got that but how do you want the list to look differently?


#10

To me the list look oke

im getting everything im asking for only problem is that its giving an error on the Element.SetParameterByNameTypeOrInstance node witch i dont get


#11

What error are you getting? I’m guessing it’s null values but it would be helpful to know exactly. I’m also guessing your elements aren’t in the same order as excel.
Also, you don’t need to get every element instance if you’re only changing type parameters. Either get the unique list of family types or use Clockwork’s All Family Types of Category instead.


#12

Warning: Element.SetParameterByNameTypeOrInstance operation failed.
The call is ambiguous between the following methods or properties: ‘Revit.Elements.InternalUtilities.ElementUtils.SetParameterValue(Autodesk.Revit.DB.Parameter, Revit.Elements.Element)’ and ‘Revit.Elements.InternalUtilities.ElementUtils.SetParameterValue(Autodesk.Revit.DB.Parameter, string)’

This is wat im getting


#13

How are you creating your excel list? It seems like overkill to schedule every light fixture instance when you’re only dealing with type properties. If it’s possible I would highly suggest you only schedule the family types so that you only need to set your parameters once. Right now you’re making thousands of redundant changes to your family types.

Dealing with family types will also make this easier to troubleshoot since you’ll have much fewer elements to deal with. You need to check your element output lists to see which elements are failing Element.SetParameter. Your error is saying that your inputs are ambiguous and confusing Dynamo. We need to find out which elements and values are causing the problem.


#14

This is how and wat im putting into excel


#15

If those are all Type parameters then filter your list to only the family types like I said. There’s no need to report every single instance. That will also make your process easier to use. Right now this only works if the element Ids match up, which they should, but they likely won’t always and forever.


#16

ITS WORKING

Wil upload a pic of wat i got now in a few mins


#17

This is The to excel one

This is the from excel one ( stil gives a error but it works)


#18

Make sure you’re mapping to the correct family types. It will work as is because you’re creating the data from the same project, but it’s safer to specify which type is which so you know you’re setting the correct parameter data.