[New forum declination] Dynamo Forum in French

Hello Dynamo Community!

I am addressing especially to francophone members of the community.
After noticing that many French-speaking users were looking for help on various french forums dedicated to Revit and few here, the decision was made to create a non-official French-speaking Dynamo forum.
I therefore invite francophone members who are looking for resources in French or who are not comfortable with Shakespeare’s language to register.
An enthusiastic team of moderators is ready to support them.
https://forum.dynamobimfra.com

Cheers,
Alban

Bonjour à tous,

Je m’adresse tout particulièrement aux membres francophones de la communauté.
Après avoir constaté que de nombreux utilisateurs francophones cherchaient de l’aide sur divers forums dédiés à Revit et assez peu ici, la décision a été prise de créer un forum Dynamo francophone.
J’invite donc les membres francophones qui recherchent des ressources en langue française ou qui ne seraient pas à l’aise avec la langue de Shakespeare à s’y inscrire.
Une équipe enthousiaste de modérateurs est prête à les accompagner.

Cordialement,
Alban

21 Likes

Enfin ! Merci beaucoup.

2 Likes

Oui merci. Très bonne initiative.

3 Likes

Venez nombreux :slight_smile:

1 Like

Bonne initiative !

1 Like

How about just use Google translate so we only have one DynamoBim platform, afraid of this amazing forum now will go in multiple tracks relative to languages…we all have this language problem;) if we not are native english speaking…just a trought

5 Likes

Interesting idea… and I must say I’m surprised how easily Chrome can translate these forums. If it helps people write in their own language I don’t think it’s an issue. Will probably also reduce the number of awkward ‘english is the forum language’ replies which put people off using the forums.

6 Likes

These are the one thing I hate the most about moderating… a necessary evil though as search doesn’t scale the way translate does in in modern desktop browsers (mobile browsers also aren’t great for translation).

2 Likes

Hi,

I think it is a good idea to have non-official non-native Dynamo Forum.
Specially here in Japan, only 1% of engineers can understand English fully.
Japan is starting to adopt Revit and they really need Dynamo.
The problem is they cannot understand anything written here.

I will gladly help answering their questions if someone make a foums for the Japanese.

-biboy

5 Likes

Hello @blsalvio -

The French forum for Dynamo was started by a group of individuals who wanted to help spread the word into the Francophone world :slight_smile: If you, or anyone else wants to start a Japanese forum then you could follow the same model.

7 Likes

Apparently, there are some obstacles to perfecting or starting to learn Dynamo in addition to the new concepts of visual programming: going through a translation to ask for help, using the Revit interface in English to be understood by all, understand the tutorials in English …

The end goal of a French forum is obviously to spread the use of Dynamo.
For information, there is also a non official Dynamo forum in Russian.

6 Likes

And other non-official forums such as RevitForum.org! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hi @solamour

Thank you for the advice. I will consult some of the Dynamo users and Revit groups here in Japan on how they want to manage the forum.

Again thank you very much. Also @Alban_de_Chasteigner thank you.

-biboy

2 Likes

this is a really great problem

1 Like

trop bien! :raised_hands:

Thanks for sharing this info

I have a question for you, this forum was created by you unofficially from Autodesk?

Hi,

The french forum was created by @a.halim without Autodesk support but after some discussions with Sol Amour.

5 Likes

Hello, the site has changed address?
Or is it under maintenance?

Cordially
christian.stan