Multiple Stirrup Distribution in a Beam

Hi all,

I’m trying to create an Dynamo script that allows the user to put different spacing of stirrups in a beam (ex. in the first meter I want to put the stirrups with 200mm of spacing, then I want them with 300mm of spacing and in the last meter I want them with 250mm of spacing). I’ve tried many different ways, but I get just one stirrup in the beam. The last script is below:

Thanks in advance

I don’t know why but this way doens’t work, my solution was to create each rebar on a certain location, with the help of rebarcopybyvector

I am trying to create a similar script just for a column and came upon the same problem.
I came up with a solution by creating the same rebar three times and adding them to a list to create an array of different rebars, spaces and distances.
It solved the problem but for some reason it all three distributions begun at the bottom of the column and doesn’t continue from the end of the last.
Appreciate if someone manages to figure out the problem.

Here’s a pic of the distribution in the column. Notice that there are two types and you can’t see it, but they are overlapping one another from the bottom point.
Need to find a solution for this!

Poblem Solved!
When creating 3 curves to feed the rebar node - you need to translate the 2nd and 3rd curve to the point you want it to start from.

What version of Revit and Dynamo are you using? I’ve tried with Revit 2020 and Dynamo 2.3 but it didn’t work.

At what point do you have the problem?
Wanna upload a pic of your script?

I believe you have encountered a bug with replication and custom nodes - I believe this is fixed in Dynamo 2.10.

I replied your code but I get this result (pic below). And this is what I got everytime before using the rebarcopybyvector. But as @Michael_Kirschner2 said, it might be because of the version of Revit/Dynamo that I’m using!

It seems that your result shows the first rebar of each change in distribution phases. If I am not mistaken, you need now to defined the distribution for each of those three rebars (have a look at my script).
Let me know if this helps.

Hi, would you be able to share the dynamo script for this?