Move the pipe point to connect the other pipe

Hi @jw.vanasselt …if you want fitting connect to fitting something could work…

PS which software are you use for make these videos ? arhhh bandicam should take alook first ,hahaha…is it free

Nice job! There is only one problem. I want to use a keyshort cut for this action and that is not possible I guess.

I use OBS studio for my videos :slight_smile:

2 Likes

thanks…which keyshort do you use for that task ?

I use CV for connect into and VC for connect connector

1 Like

Hello @mansonchen …not sure something could work…

Hi sovitek,
Thanks you share this way.
But I want to control the end point to connect other pipe.
If two pipes different height, use control point to connect other pipe will create fiitings.

:100: :100: :100:

1 Like

alright…could you share your graph and rvt file with that situation ?

How about something here…

and a version with fitting against fitting

2 Likes

How can I connect the branches with the main pipe.
Select multiple elements instead of single pipe.

Hello @ahmed.aelgammal … could you show what you have done so far…btw it should be possible
Revit_NUCoa8tNwP

1 Like

I have tried your previous dynamo workflow and tried the one you showed in video but I keep getting this error. I have attached the dynamo file I am working on

1.3_connectBranchToMain.dyn (34.8 KB)

1 Like

I havent open your dyn…but looks like your last fitting dont attach 2 pipes

Hello,
It looks like its main pipe is not long to accommodate the T (so it returns an error)
Cordially
christian.stan

could you share with me the script that you developed above to check vs my script

sorry dont think i have anymore, just tried it…but you can see in my post whats goin on…anyway have you tried to move your last branch up so it connect 2 pipes…im not at dyn in the moment but can take a look later

I tried but still nothing would be extremely helpful if you could either send me the Dynamo file or maybe check my file later

Hi @ahmed.aelgammal …you miss the last part here…try this one

1.3_connectBranchToMain.dyn (24.7 KB)

3 Likes

waoow it actually works … I am trying to make it work for pipes on different levels

1 Like

Great it works for you…dont think you need list.unique items node…it was just me play around :wink:

2 posts were split to a new topic: Create pipe and tie into system