Monocle - Ability to Group Only Notes?

@john_pierson

I’ve noticed that the auto grouping in Monocle works with a single codeblock but not if I want to group multiple notes.

I often want to shove some notes in a brightly coloured group but either have to use the pop-up monocle window or add a codeblock and then delete it after

:dotted_line_face:

Is this an easy fix?

2 Likes

Just to confirm: are you on the lastest version of monocle?

I believe so, I updated when John assured me it’d work in Revit 2021.

1 Like

Looks current to me. :slight_smile:

This has actually been on my list to add for some time as I want it too. Notes are a bit different than nodes in how I’m making the in canvas widget happen*, so it’s unfortunately a bit of work to implement.

Typically what I do is place a quick code block, group that and the notes and then delete it.

I’ll make sure to add it to the GitHub issues as a feature request and will update when I get it sorted.

—-
*for the curious: the in-canvas widget is actually possible because I’m loading the UI attached to something called the expansion bay on nodes themselves, and notes don’t have this…

2 Likes

But so fun and exciting that you’re going to do it really, really soon? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I have no idea what this means, but it’s awesome and cool and so now I have some reading to do…

1 Like

Yes. :grin: really fast? Maybe.

please make no purchasing decisions

2 Likes

:wink:

2 Likes

Ya know there’s always that one person… Who moans about everything … well…

Custom packages:
Clockwork |
GeniusLoci | v.2021.6.16
archilab |
Zhukoven |

I noticed it doesn’t put the latest revision against all of the packages any more. :frowning:

Hmm, if you can add that to the github issues above, I can take a look at that too.

1 Like