Grouping Notes

This may be a really stupid question, but i’m trying to create a Dynamo template for my company and i’d like to have a type of legend denoting what the colour of the groupings denote. I was trying to do a text note with a definition and then making it a group with the groups colour that represents the description. However dynamo doesn’t seem to let me group a single note? Any tips would be awesome!

Try using two notes like this for a group.

Monocle view extension can help here too. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @Kirsty_Hogg

How about this?

2 Likes

Hi, yeah i was trying to use the Monocle extension but it still won’t let me just group a text note, i’d have to have a node in their too. From the video below in @Kulkul post i am basically trying to produce something like the boxes at the top of the graph for a dynamo group legend to make the basis of our template.

This is basically whats happening for me and i don’t know if it is because i am doing something wrong? i have Dynamo version 2.0.1 installed, and i’m using Revit 2018

@john_pierson i don’t know if you can point me in the right direction!?

Yeah, it does not currently work for notes unless there is a code block or other node in the selection as well. I plan on fixing this in the next update.

The workaround for now is to add a code block, make the group and remove the code block.

1 Like

fantastic, thank you!

1 Like

I just published an update to the tool to allow for grouping of notes. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

wow you are a legend John! thank you so much!

2 Likes