Model text on curved wall/surface

please, does anyone know how i can go about placing a model text on a curved surface using dynamo. creating it using the generic model face based would be to laborious for me. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Joseph,

Show us how far you have completed your work. This is a help forum to ask for help with things that you cannot figure out on your own, but actually tried. Thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like

the first image is my attempt using the modeltext by sketchplane node. i tried it, but it didnt work. I know if there is something i am doing wrong.(ignore the background preview in the first image)

in the secong image, i tried to select the wall and model text in revit and try to get the point of intersection between the text and the wall. unfortunately, the curve doesnt close out completely, making it unable to perform a thicken command or patch command to it.

im sure there is an easier way of doing this. This is all i can coe up with, as im fairly new to dynamo about 1week(ish). thanks in advance.

You can’t do this with Model Text in this manner since the text is always planar. The best you can do is for each letter to sit on its own plane relative to the curve. You could have Dynamo parse out each letter and put each on its own plane relative to the curve. Kerning of the letters is another issue entirely. Not sure how to automate that other than pre-setting what each kerning value/combination is for the font.

3 Likes

And here is another possible way by creating Nested Curved Text 2 Point adaptive family.

3 Likes

This seems to be what I’m looking for, Kulkul, can you please share your dyn file and/or rfa file. Thanks guys.

Hi @Md_Lingkon
Thanks but are you helping to make this as solution or showing that you are able to do this

Hello, can you plz show us how you did the curved wall on dynamo ?