"MEPover Pipe" Not working

Hello, everyone.
I am trying to create a pipe from pointcloud data, in dynamo.

My pointcloud data looks like this:

I have separated the points using sastrugi package (thanks a lot @Ewan_Opie , you are a life saver) and but the points are not giving me a correct answer when they are used as an input in MEPover.Pipe.ByLine.

The segmented point cloud looks like this:
pipe_not_working

But as you can see, it is creating a pipe, but the pipe looks like a straight line, and it’s diameter is always 152.4 mm. I have tried with different pipe-segment from my point cloud, and it’s always giving me this straight line-looking pipe.
The information about the pipe:

The script I am using:
pipe_sastrugi_v2.dyn (460.5 KB)
as png:

Can anyone please help me a bit with this? Thanks a lot in advance for your help. It means a lot.

Hi @taukirazam , maybe you can try quick look to this:
https://chuongmep.github.io/OpenMEP/api/OpenMEPRevit.Element.Pipe.html#OpenMEPRevit_Element_Pipe_CreateByLine_Revit_Elements_Element_Revit_Elements_Element_Revit_Elements_Element_Autodesk_DesignScript_Geometry_Line_

2 Likes

Hi @taukirazam

To successfully determine the pipe points, you may need to use other software like CloudCompare and Recap to ‘remove statistical outliers’ as to clean your point cloud.

Then using the Section Box in Revit can allow for better isolated element selection.

Here is an example with your vertical pipes. :slight_smile:

Revit_ya28LV9K3K

Example - Vertical Pipe from Point Cloud v5.dyn (68.8 KB)

2 Likes

Thank you so much, @chuongmep. I will definitely look into this.

Thank you @Ewan_Opie, It works quite well.

But I couldn’t figure out why it only works for vertical pipes. What changes I should implement to get it to work on horizontal pipes?

Thank you so much for helping out.