MEP Geometries

Hello to all of you!
It has taken me an exceptionally long time to design a single graph and test it with various families.
Using the graph, create wall openings
I gradually began using other tactics, and they have consistently proven effective.
Last night, forty-one out of the 137 collisions present in a completed sample model were successfully resolved.
After trying to identify the issue’s origin, the remaining walls were experiencing repeated collisions between pipes and pipe fittings.
The pipe fitting geometry is not available to me, even if I tried to alter the fitting geometry-containing graph.
Can one obtain MEP geometry? Is there another way that this problem can be resolved?

Edit one

on the left, you can see the fitting clashing with wall and on right, when I tried to get the geometry of the fitting, it gave lines, not geometry

Hi Rahul, welcome to the forum

Start by having a read of How to get help on the Dynamo forums

If you could assist the forum by providing some screen shots of the graph we can point you in the right direction

2 Likes

Hi @helloworld you could try element geometry + from clockwork…or try rebuild your fitting

1 Like

How is that invisible object?

yes include invisible objects , yes or no ??

https://thebuildingcoder.typepad.com/blog/2010/01/geometry-options.html

but keep in mind that node only works on solids…

Revit_fBvETMkGQx

Now its showing this.
out of 47 elements only 7 got converted into dynamo geometry.
is it cause of the family?

many things depends how the fitting familily is build…here i see a list with an arc, in it, so i guees its an elbow…but hard to say, without show everything

Hi @helloworld it should be the same way…

1 Like

Sorry, I am back again. It seems like I should reconsider my career options. I looked at the different families of valves, bends, and other fittings, and I’m quite sure we can’t get the geometry of all those elements. That day, when I tried getting the geometry of the bends after getting your help, it worked somehow, but now it isn’t working. It might be better to learn in depth about the Revit API and Dynamo. Do you have any resources?

is there any off these 2 options there works ? i guees the fitting have a an arch so you can sweep for solid…could you show the graph and could you share that fitting ?

1 Like

Try Element.Geometry Fast from Synthesize for each family type. Than arrange same types geometry to locations.

1 Like

Thank you so much for giving me time. I tried the other way around. I used grasshopper for the geometry

i did but it wasn’t working