Pipe Fittings Geometry cannot be obtained correctly in Dynamo 2.6 / Revit 2021

Hi! I’m trying to get the geometry of Pipe Fittings from a linked file. As I see, Element.Geometry node interprets them as Lines and Arcs, Element.Solids does not return any result, while Element.Geometry+ node from Archilab returns some kind of result and only if the level of detail is set to “Fine”. However, It doesn’t seem quite right:

Since I will be using that geometry to place structural openings in floors, I might still use bounding boxes as a workaround, but I was just curious to find out how to solve this :slight_smile:

Hi @danail.momchilov ,

Could you please share the revit family of the pipe fitting ?

You can read problem in here : Revitapi geometry got empty list - #30 by newshunhk

2 Likes

You will need to rebuild them…try something here…

2 Likes

Any system fitting family would do

In my case, I just used bounding boxes. If you need the exact geometry though, It seems like rebuilding them is the best option. It would still not be that simple in reality, as you would need to have different approach towards T - shaped or X - shaped fittings for instance :slight_smile:

Think when its shaped you can just get the solid with element solid node, if im not wrong :wink: