Manipulate data from an ifc file

hello, i am trying really hard to manipulate data from an ifc file regarding changing the color element in concordance with it status (magnitude) and not having any result… any clue?

MANIPULATE DATA FROM THE CSV.dyn (193.7 KB)

Do you mean you have linked into Revit an IFC model? If the IFC file is a link it can not be modified. If you bind the link then Revit tries to convert the IFC elements into native Revit elements which might be able to be slightly modified, with limited success.

I don’t think Revit/Dynamo are the best tools for editing an IFC file. Better to edit the original native file that the IFC export file was generated from so go back to who created the IFC and ask them to make changes.

Please comment more information and we might be able help further.

this is already done - bind the link then Revit tries to convert the IFC elements into native Revit elements which might be able to be slightly modified… but now I need to show it with color and not having success

Which elements do you wish to display differently and which view? I believe there is an override colour in view node somewhere that might help.

But have you tried using filters in Revit if you are only wanting to change the colour of some elements. However if you wish to progress in using dynamo which step of the process isn’t working for you?

Hi @vickykurlem !
It seems you are using lots of old packages versions

I think it will be easier to help you if you share just the script your are working on (not severals scripts in the same dyn file), with updated packages and a rvt file (not necessary the full one, just a sample is enough).
Moreover be aware of what the nodes are asking as input.

1 Like

I am trying to show differently the elements that are on concordance (I have already found those elements) with the CSV and IFC file, in the 3d like the general view of Revit. I would like to hear about the override colour in view node somewhere that might help.

I am open to hear possible solutions to this problem, regarding filters in revit i didn’t know how to do it, maybe an option could be to work in revit parallel to dynamo to try to show this, but the trouble is that I am not seeing those elements when I look for them on revit.

Thank you for your advise. I was working with lots of scripts because i didnt found yet the one that is doing what i need to be done on revit… and i thought that maybe it was helpfull to have them all just in case

I think this is the script that will allow me to show the elements according to it status with the correct color but still not showing nothing on revit

(the yellow box with error says: Advertencia: Element.OverrideColorInView espera los tipos de argumentos (Element, Color), pero se ha llamado con (Function, DSCore.Color).)

MANIPULATE DATA FROM THE CSV.dyn (121.8 KB)

When a node turns yellow it is in error. What does the message say in the speech bubble at the top of the yellow node?

Advertencia: Element.OverrideColorInView espera los tipos de argumentos (Element, Color), pero se ha llamado con (Function, DSCore.Color).

i have already solved the problem but even though nothing is seen on the 3d model… any clue?

The override colour node - changes the colour in the Active view. Close all other views apart from the 3d view then re-run the script.

yes i know… but nothing is shown… i have just realized this script has the information extracted from the .CSV file…it is possible to see it in the model despite the fact that it is not the information from the .IFC file?

i was able to show the color in the model but i need to show them with different color according to it magnitude / status

MANIPULATE DATA FROM THE CSV.dyn (122.0 KB)

You’ll need to use the Group.ByKey node on your list of elements. Use the magnitude as your keys.

Edit: Then you need a list of colours the same length as the number of different groups created. Feed both the groups and the colours into the override colour in view node. You might need to change lacing or List Level to make it work.

Finally i could show these… i need to move the deviated elements to the correct side automatically any clue?

You will get more help if you show your script and what errors you are getting. You need to show us what you have tried and where it is failing. Also I feel that you are not describing your problem in sufficient detail. Try type a longer question explaining each step in the process you want to achieve.

I think the Translate.ByDirdctionDistance might be useful node for moving elements.

1 Like