Mandrill's html report not displaying correctly on Internet explorer

I tried generating an Html report using Mandrill, the report has only an image and a parallel-coordinates graph. When I open the html file using Internet explorer, the image is displayed correctly but the graph doesn’t appear (Only a small dot appears in its place).
My browser’s security settings are set to display javascript and the html file works fine on chrome.
I have IE 11

Where did you save it? Where are the other files from the Mandrill package saved at? Keep in mind that the exported HTML file has references back to bunch of resource files that were downloaded when you installed Mandrill. I would try and make sure that they are resolved correctly. It won’t work consistently on IE. IE doesn’t support Gridster.js which was used to create the dynamic layouts.

Cheers!

1 Like

I quickly realized from the start that the generated html has references to local resources when I tried to open the html file on a different PC and nothing worked. So the file is generated on the same PC and the Html has the resources correctly referenced (It works on Chrome).
Then I thought there was compatability issues between IE and the D3.js library, so I tried the examples Here on my browser, and all the ones I tried worked perfectly. Which led me to think that the problem is with the locally stored html (and its javascript library). But I am a noob anyways :slight_smile:
So this incompatability is with local files only? Is there a workaround?
My final aim is to embed the html with a Webbrowser element in a Win form, in case you are wondering why the hell I care about IE :slight_smile:

Update: Now I realized, having read your post one more time, that the html is on a network location and when moved to local storage, IE displays the graph nicely!
The problem however remains in the webbrowser element in Winforms, it doesn’t display a dot anymore, it displays an empty chart.

There is a reason I moved away from the WebBrowser and IE approach. It’s because IE has a security feature that won’t allow any local resources to be loaded and there wasn’t a way for me to turn it off via code. I am not sure that what you are doing is viable in a long run.

So you generated a chart with Mandrill, saved it out to a local folder, and now you want to display it in the WebBrowser in Dynamo again? Didn’t you just make a full circle to the same spot you were in when you started? What is the purpose of this exploration?

Since you asked, the bigger picture was to have something like Human UI in Grasshopper; A design dashboard and control panel on top of Dynamo. I need to see the design outcome and design parameters (in the form of sliders, input boxes which I just for this test did a couple of them, dropdowns,etc…) in a user-friendly GUI. Maybe also the possibility to add 3D preview of the model in the same GUI.
My skills can’t get me that far though, so I have to stand on the shoulder of the giants, namely you and the Mandrill package, and also taking inspiration from the brilliant @Mostafa_El_Ayoubi 's datashapes, just to realize a simple design dashboard I am working on.

I have played with security settings and now I think my problem now is very similar to the one Here where the The Web Browser Control is - by default - perpetually stuck in IE 7 rendering mode. And the solution suggests adding a new registry key for the .exe file where I wish to force the latest version of IE on. Problem is I don’t know what file Revit’s Dynamo uses, so I’d be able to create the registry key for.

I just found out that adding a new registry key with the an asterisk (*) as a name, and 2af9 as a hexadecimal value,would force every program that uses a WebBrowser control to use the IE11 version for current user. Now I have it running nicely :slight_smile:

1 Like