Manage different package versions in Dynamo

Hello,

I use Dynamo for Civil3D.

I have installed the Civil3DToolkit package, with which I have programmed various scripts.
The problem is that when I update the version, I can no longer use my old scripts without reinstalling the old version.
And if I reinstall the old version, I lose the new version of the package and can no longer use the scripts I created with it.
Do you have a solution? Or how do you deal with the problem?

thanks

Lilian

This shouldn’t be the case. What nodes are you seeing which don’t work? Or is there another reason you think you have to revert?

Hello @jacob.small

Thank you for your reply. I’m agree with you. This shouldn’t be the case.

After further research, it became clear that the problem was not due to the new package versions but to the Civil3D 2024.3 update, that we install last week.
The update prevents the input nodes of certain scripts from being loaded into the dynamo player. The player displays a blank page:

Then we tried the same script on Civil3D 2023 and it worked.

So we decided to uninstall this update. Now it’s work again.

Please submit a support ticket to my colleagues so that we can identify the root cause of the conflict and get things running.

FYI @mzjensen

Where can I submit a support tickets for dynamo ?

manage.autodesk.com, file this one under Civil 3D though and it’ll get to the right team.

Hi @lfesslerBDUQ2,

This is a known issue with Dynamo Player in Civil 3D 2024.3. We have a fix that we’ll get out as soon as we can. In the meantime, you can work around it by adding a Watch node to your graph and setting it to “Is Output”. It doesn’t need to be hooked up to anything, it just needs to be somewhere in the graph.

Sorry for the confusion that this caused!

2 Likes

Hi @mzjensen

Thank you for your reply. So if I’ve understood correctly, I don’t need to open a support ticket.

Correct.

Hello @mzjensen

You said there was going to be a patch for version 2024.3. But in the meantime, where can I download version 2024.2? It is no longer available for download. Only versions 2024.1.2 or 2024.3 are available. We need them to install a new PC

Often update are removed for security or stability issues (two hypothetical examples are if a build has a publicly disclosed vulnerability, or if a component was found to cause data loss).

For this reason you should reach out to the the support team by creating a ticket in the accounts portal at manage.autodesk.com. They have links for when downloads can be utilized, and information for when they cannot be (such as the hypothetical vulnerability issue).