Civil3D 2022.1 bug report

Hi Dynamo developers,

After updating my Civil3D 2022 to Civil3D 2022.1 Dynamo doesn’t work flawlessly anymore. For example all my previous packages & package-paths have disappeared from my library. This is not a big problem, but when I want to download new packages my Dynamo completely freezes and sometimes even crashes completely. (This happens with every package I try to download)

I don’t really know where to post these bug reports so I just posted it here on the forum.

Best to raise via the usual Civil3D support process, that is the Autodesk accounts portal at manage.autodesk.com.

Doing this will get the issue into the queue for Civil3D development team to review the root cause and hopefully make a fix.

Once that is done we can look at what has to happen for resolution here and though my colleagues in support.

A first step should be getting your Dynamo log on opening the application so we can see if there is a specific warning given (this may have to go over to the support ticket eventually, so include this if you can).

1 Like

I would add that, could Dynamo have been updated between the civil 3d 2021 base install and the latest update?

If it has this could mean that all your packages are under a earlier version. If you put the following into the file explorer in windows it will go to where the packages are installed and where the settings is saved.

%appdata%\Autodesk\C3D 2021\Dynamo

If there is more than one version you can just copy the earlier packages over.

Though i would suggest you still follow what Jacob has indicated because dynamo can/has in the past transferred settings/packages over.

1 Like

Yeah pretty sure Dynamo Core goes from 2.10 to 2.12.

Hi Daan,

1. Dynamo core version is 2.10 in Civil3D 2022,after install the update, Dynamo core is updated to 2.12, and the package path is set to 2.12. You can check the path by Tab “Dynamo”->Preferences ->Package Manager, while the previous package is stored in C:\Users\xxxxx\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\C3D 2022\Dynamo\2.10

2. For the frozen/crash issue, we haven’t reproduced it. You can send the crash report with email and we will get the report to check. Besides, have you ever reinstall Civil2022 or reinstall the update? Can you visit the package server from web? We also posted Civil 2023 beta build with Dynamo2.13 in Civil forum, welcome for your try:Civil 2023 beta

3. You can post the question in Civil forum after register. Civil forum

1 Like