How To Update Civil 3D Toolkit

I couldn’t figure out how to add this question to the Civil 3D Toolkit Feedback thread, and apologies if this has been asked before, but how can I update the Civil 3D Toolkit? Also, there’s a site, >>>Dynamo Packages<<<. How do I see what’s in the packages, e.g., Clockwork for Dynamo 2.x, Rhythm, Data-Shapes, etc? And how do you add those to your Library?
Thanks. Dave

Hi Dave, I usually uninstall Civil3Dtoolkit, restart Civil 3D and install new version of Civil3DToolkit.

1 Like

More information is here in Dynamo primer Package Introduction | The Dynamo Primer

2 Likes

Hi @Drbohlav,
Thanks for the response. I already learned something–Civil3DToolkit is down at the bottom of the Library. I thought it was at the top where it says Civil 3D.
OK, so how do you uninstall Civil3DToolkit?
Another question, is it possible to change this horrid dark screen?
Dave

OK, I figured out how to uninstall Civil3DToolkit and re-install version 1.1.30. On the top menu it’s Packages >> Manage Packages. Not intuitive. I had to Ctrl-Alt-Delete twice because Dynamo froze up. OK, so I’m looking forward to nosing around Civil3DToolkit.
Dave

1 Like

When you go to install a newer version of a package from the package manager, it will tell you if you need to uninstall an old version. So no need to go to Manage Packages…

3 Likes

Thank you Zachri.

As of the Civil 3D 2022.2 update, there’s no “Manage Packages…”
I was able to locate packages here:
C\ProgramData\Autodesk\C3D 2022\Dynamo\2012\packages
After deleting these I was able to install the latest hottest:
ArkanceSystems
Civil3DToolkit
Camber
MapConnection

I had to re-install Civil3DToolkit and MapConnection. They didn’t “take” the first time.

It’s now under Dynamo → Preferences → Package Manager

1 Like

Thanks Zachri! I see it now.
Dave

1 Like