Make Text in Drafting View

GRAPHICAL COLUMN AND WALL SCHEDULE.dyn (33.7 KB)

Hi,

Please find attached my first attempt at making a Graphic Column Schedule in a Drafting View using Dynamo. The Graph writes the grids and levels to detail lines. It also fills out the Level and Grid names to the tag. I would like to not have to use the rfa tag but instead just use Text.

The main question is: Is it possible to write the name of the Level to Revit Text in a Drafting View? I tried using the Clockwork and Rhythm Tools for Text with no success.

You will need to use the dyn and load this tag Family into the rvt. DATUM NAME TAG.rfa (364 KB)

I think @Tom_Kunsman, has explored this some.

2 Likes

Not really in a drafting view. My question, why not just use the Graphical Column schedule and add the necessary shared parameters to get the values you want with some custom tags? With Dynamo it is easy :slight_smile:

See my blog post for more: http://dynamobim.org/leveraging-built-in-revit-parameters/

Thanks Tom and others,

The Revit GCS is just too rigid. The one I need to make shows supporting walls as well as columns. Also, there is very little flexibility in the graphics in the R GCS. We want to show arrows, fills and other symbols. It also needs to be broken up onto different sheets (and still be legible).