Low points block insertion

Hi

I was wondering if there is a way Dynamo would help in being able to place a block in the relevant x,y,z position based off the low point of a profile and then project that block with the correct projection style to the longsection view.

Essentially inserting a block representing a gully in plan at the low points of the profiles used to design the road. To expand further on this it would also be good to know if it would be possible to also place gullies in existing positions based on say a rectangle on a layer “gully” (block inserted at centre of rectangle and aligned to its orientation) and project them to the closest alignment.

If the above could be done without python that would be great as it seems i dont have it installed on my PC or my company block running it as python scripts dont seem to work when I put them in graphs.

I am also a very new user to Dynamo so apologies for the oversimplification/incorrect assumptions and silly questions - Got to learn some how though I guess.

Thanks

Hola Amigo @mark.reeveTXANL buenas. everything you ask is possible with dynamo, but if you are new I suggest you start with dynamo primer, and also use Dynamo dictionary, there are many posts similar to what you ask, start by looking for them and try by yourself little by little is the best way to learn, when you get stuck post the screen shot of your script and the community will help you!

https://dictionary.dynamobim.com/#/

1 Like

Hi - @gilberto.arechigaiba thank you for the response and I appreciate the pointing to a number of scripts you have already written.

Now I know it is possible I will give it a go