Little Building automation

Hey Guys I am currently trying to go full on dynamo and improve my skills by designing a building using only dynamo and doing all the steps like documentation etc. through dynamo but I am stuck.

I am trying to create a coffer ceiling out of slabs, that probably will be wooden. attached you will find my code map.
Basically What I did is making a list of points filling a square with a specific distance using sequence.
These Points are used for generating the Slabs for my ceiling so there is some kind of connection between the points used somewhere else with the ceiling.

My problem is that I can’t manage to make the slabs I want attached you will find a picture of the map and how far I got with the slabs. The first row works but the following rows doesn’t really work. What I understood is that I need a loop in a loop because I get a list of points in a row. And using that I create the slabs in one direction but I got stuck in the other direction.

I also want to create diagonal slabs and only managed todo it in one row aswell.

I hope someone can help me.!

code_|690x288

@elzahaby Welcome to the Dynamo community

A sketch outlining your intent along with a screen shot of the graph and the Dynamo file you’re working on would help us understand better and provide useful suggestions.

this is what I want to make but I am limited by the amount of stuff I can upload.

I managed to make only the slabs in one direction and in one row but the other ones I couldn’t figure out how to loop to do the same thing for every row

Attached you will find my dynamo code file It should work as is, but only for the first row of slabs. I need all rows of slabs filled with diagonal lines and aswell in the other axis I hope somebody can help me

code.dyn (96.4 KB)

I made the points through a sequence and Point.ByCoordinates where I set it to crossing so I makes a lists of a list of points in a row

See if this helps you simplify your graph

pattern1.dyn (45.4 KB)

p1 = Point.ByCoordinates((0..lgt..#divL)<1>,(0..wdt..#divW)<2>);
l1 = Line.ByBestFitThroughPoints(p1);
l2 = Line.ByBestFitThroughPoints(List.Transpose(p1));
l3 = List.Clean(Line.ByBestFitThroughPoints(List.DiagonalLeft(p1,List.Count(p1))),false);
l4 = List.Clean(Line.ByBestFitThroughPoints(List.DiagonalRight(p1,List.Count(p1))),false);
[l1,l2,l3,l4];
2 Likes

Thanks a lot for the solution, its not quite what I am looking for, because I don’t want to have “points” created through the crossing of 2 diagonals, but I will try to modify it myself!

Also I would like to have line segments and not one long line