List One of Each Type

I’ve extracted a list of instances from the Revit model that has a line for each piece of equipment, including equipment that is in the model in multiple instances. Is it possible to filter the list down to only show one of each piece of equipment. For example, the list could look like this:
{1,2,3,3,4,5,6,6,6,7} but I need to filter it to look like this {1,2,3,4,5,6,7}.
Any ideas?

Use UniqueItems node :slightly_smiling_face:

OK so my example was not exactly what I’m dealing with. I grabbed a specific amount of equipment from the Revit model in Dynamo. Since they are placed instances, Dynamo includes the element id along with the family information. So even though some of the family types are the same, they have different I’d numbers. If I use there UniqueItems node then I’m not achieving the result I’m looking for because Dynami thinks all the items are unique. Does that make sense?

Can you post a screenshot of the graph? Would help as I think I know what you’re getting at but it would help seeing it.

Here’s a screenshot. You can see that I have a family called Quickrinse but because they have unique Element ID numbers the UniqueItems node doesn’t get rid of the duplicate. This is just one example in this list but there are many duplicates. I guess I can remove indices but that seems tedious for something so simple for Dynamo.

Maybe this could work for you?

1 Like

First get the family type of each element, then use UniqueItems. You could do the former by using Element.Type from Clockwork.

Thanks Jostein and Andreas, both solutions worked!