Unique Items from the list

Hi there,

I am struggling with finding the right way to isolate unique items. They are the same family but have multiple instances in the project. hence, they have different element IDs. Have someone ever dealt with this situation?
Screenshot Attached.

There are multiple families with huge amount of duplicates I want to name each one of them.
Is there a way to do it?

Thank you so much !! :pray:

Iā€™m a little confused as to what your target/goal is.

When you say you want to name each one of the ā€˜multiple families with huge amounts of duplicatesā€™, are you referring to tagging them? Or giving them some other unique identification in a parameter?

Without being able to see the rest of the script, it looks like you have one Family Type with many Instances throughout the project. You are correct that each one would have a unique element ID.

What did you want to use to isolate items in your list? A specific parameter? Specific locations?

Hey Mate,
Thanks for the reply.
I am building a Master Audit Tool for my company and finding family duplicates would give us kind of a score to rate that Revit file.
For instance, Garden Area Note is a Generic Annotation, and our draftees are supposed to use that family from our template but instead they copy and pasting it from an existing file and use that on 100s of sheets within the project. Hence it creates a duplicate of a family with ā€œ1ā€ in the end. So, what i am trying to achieve is, get a list of those families which are duplicates and dump into excel as a ā€œparameterā€" to rate that Revit file.
I donā€™t want to delete them, I want to quantify them. That this family has been duplicated, I donā€™t want a count the amount its been duplicated or used but it exists in the project.
So, I have filtered it down to locate those instances but now I am struggling to count.
In this case, the Garden note is being counted 100 times but I want it to say 1. Because there are a few more families in the project which has the same issue. I donā€™t want my excel to blow up with same names for over 100 times.
I hope I am making any sense?

Sounds like you want to get Type elements rather than Instance elements. There are some add-on packages to do that, or you can take your current long list of elements, GetParameterByName (ā€œTypeā€), then use UniqueItems.

@chhabrat
If I am not mistaken, there is a package called ā€œBangā€ that finds the family duplicates and errors like wall overlap with slab etcā€¦

Interesting,ā€¦ what would be the parameter name then?

Canā€™t seem to find anything which would isolate themā€¦

Thanks for the suggestion but the package only contain warnings I guess. I have used that in the past. Let me try and seeā€¦ Thanks mate !

2 Likes

Geeā€¦ Thanks mate it worked.
I also tried another way around too

Thanks a lot mate. I really appreciate it. :slight_smile: