Linked model element Graphic Override

Are there any nodes to assign a single element graphic override (surface color and pattern) to a linked model element?

@m.bertoQPW8C ,

i would not recommend that. Better you create costum views in your link. And than you can select them in any view!

KR

Andreas

2 Likes

Sad to hear that. Linked model is an ifc extent one so I have not the same freedom to edit it as a revit model. I will find another why with maybe classic view filters transferring a significant parameter. Thanks

Try this:

1. start a new project with template “none” ( important ! )
  2. link the ifc file
  3. bind the ifc file
  4. export the IfcGUID shared parameter to a new temp. shared parameter file
  5. in the project where you want to set the override add the IfcGUID shared parameter (instance) to the Category the Element is in.
  6. Create a filter where IfcGUID has the value of the IfcObject and set the overrides.
3 Likes

Thanks Marcel, I will probably need this workflow for future steps.
But I think i solved my issue with the right ifc import setting.
The param I wanted to apply the filter for was the “Phase created” one; I discovered the ifc acquires it from a default rte file, so I created my own import rte file and now I have the right phases in my model (obviously splitted by phases).

EDIT: unfortunately, I don’t know why, revit graphic filter does not recognize the different Phase Created values written in the ifc model so when I apply a rule for the “phase 1.a” everything gets coloured no matter if the param value is “phase 1.a” or “phase 1.b”.

So the issue has not been solved.

The final workaround is , given the phase splitted models, edit the link graphics.

2 Likes

Hi,

There should be an Ifc parameter called Phase(Tekla Common) in your file
Maybe use that one?

1 Like

Yes, phases are correctly set in the source Tekla file and exported in the property set parameters.

I should convert it as a project parameter in order to use it in a graphic fitler (or a schedule) and I was hoping not to create pp I did not deserve in the overral project, moreover since I correctly compiled the “Phase Created” parameter.

Anyway I think I will try the method you previous posted to get the Pset I could need as for the TeklaPhase.