Link_COM_Acad - new package for AutoCAD-processing (and Civil 3d too)

Hi, all, I want to present to community new Dynamo’s nodes package named Link_COM_Acad; in spite all other popular packages (with the exception of LinkDWG), it based on logic of AutoCAD ActiveX API and present user-oriented wrapper for all classes and methods that present in AutoCAD ActiveX API. The list of Dynamo-classes look below:

One of features that package, that in created in 90% with auto-code generation (I write about that here Custom guide of Dynamo node-packages developer (from .NET API)). And there will be an errors and logic-mistakes, that I don’t saw.
To understand logic, you can read AutoCAD ActiveX Developer guide (files acad_aag.chm and acadauto.chm, by default in folder C:\Program Files\Common Files\Autodesk Shared\en-US).
The source code of package. The sample scripts in that folder:

Also, that package was considered in open public course of Dynamo for Civil 3D (Dynamo для Civil 3D). In that time it has only Russian’s version, but some time later, I’ll hope, we create also English-version of videos. Also, some scripts you can find here

At that moment, some functions are not totally checked:

• AcadSurfaces;
  • Plotting, Viewports;
  • Acad3DSolids;

In other functions, I’m hope, you can find more interesting yourself.

As conclusion, I want mark two main features of package Link_COM_Acad:

• possibility work in Dynamo Sandbox only (not only in Civil 3D Dynamo) or in Dynamo for other products, for example from Dynamo Revit!
  • possibility work with old AutoCAD releases (greater that 2020,where Dynamo was first integrated);
  • possibility data-migrate with system nodes of Civil 3d (look logic in that script);

P.S. Some discussion (but unfortunately, in Russian, you can find there)

8 Likes

Thanks for sharing, @georg.grebenyuk! :rocket:

1 Like

@georg.grebenyuk thank you for sharing
i try to test and found this error can you help.
i load the pak. from revit 2024 to accsess to civil3d 2024

I can not get AcadEntity from AcadDocument

also when i load the pak. inside civil34 2024 have the same problem

What types of objects are you try select? For non-AutoCAD objects the will be similar error. As analogue, you can try Get Objects() from Model Space (method for Block’s class). I’ll plan extend samples how select data (in 0.1.7 there are created new classes AcadSelectionSets and AcadSelectionSet to may possible select entities in drawing);