Level issues

While this worked perfectly well in my test project, when i try to apply it to my real life, actually positioned project it doesn’t

here i tried to offcet the plane twith a manual number, but usially it’s just connected to the relevant level.
Any thoughts?

Elements from linked model or it’s the same?

same model;

What I am truing to do is get a figure for the foot ptint of a room (the room boundaries nod doesnt seem to produce any curves)

@kveleva
Have you tried the RoomElementCollector from lunchbox? See image

I am not sure how this works, how do I filter the rooms that i want in it?

Maybe i am not understanding what you are trying to do.
You want to be able to filter out specific rooms and get the boundary curves?

yep; I already have filtered the rooms, but how do i feed them in this nod, it’s only taking in a boolean value…

This is how i would do it:

The node i showed earlier wont be any use to you, it will only give you ALL the rooms in the project.

yeah, as i said above, both of those nods give me Empty lists for the room curves. I think it’s a Revit 2015 issue, but i can’t upgrade the project.

Could you share your Dynamo file to have a look through it.

sure! 161004_19.dyn (185.9 KB)

it works absolutely fine on my test project, but the real life project fails to find any intercestions between the rooms and level planes; Unfortunatelly, I can’t share the real project, because it is huge.

Could it be an issue of units (or coordinate systems) in your non-test file ? particularly the XY plane offset

Andrew

Hi @kveleva @Alisder_Brown

Did you try using “Room.FinishBoundary” node in Dynamo 1.2?

1 Like

@Kulkul
Ahh, we don’t have 1.2 installed at work yet. This is a good addition :smiley:

i have 1.2, but it’s on revit 2015 and dont have the nod ;(

that’s an interesting suggestion, cound the reason possibly be the file? I mean i ma using the same .dyn file for both, and it was created witht he test project; do i need to re build it from scratch in the real project?