Lateral cover for bars

Hi everyone,

1. I have the following script and I manage to put the bars at a determined cover relating the bar size, but I don’t know how to do it in the perpendicular faces of the element. Do you know how can I do it?

2. When I get the wall width, I only managed to get the width from the “wall types” node but if I put the “Model Element” (the selected element from the Revit model), it doesn’t get me the number/parameter I’m looking for. Why?

Thanks in advance!

PD: Try to do this on a single 20 or 30 thick wall.
A
Fierro_Punta_Muro.dyn (31.5 KB)

Hi Jorge,

Similar topic is discussed here Rebar showing up in Dynamo but not being placed in Revit - #2 by Kulkul

Kulkul, Hi. I don´t see the similarity to my problem? What am I missing?

Thanks

Could you drop rvt file or post a link to the file uploaded on Drive, Dropbox, etc…

Kulkul,

Here are the files:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B06GJ9aNr2cdd0RhS19peU5qYUU

Thanks!

I tried your script it is working. Can you be more specific what is your query?

For you second question. It is because “Width” is a type parameter. If you need from model element you need to get element type as shown below.

Thanks for your time.

My queries are:

1. How can I do the cover in the perpendicular face (no the selected)

2. When you plug the “Select Model Element” node into the “Element.GetParameterValueByName” node, can’t get the info I need (width).

Thanks!

“Width” is a type parameter. If you need from model element you need to get element type as shown below.

Are you trying to get top surface rebar?

Thanks for the response to the query #2.

The issue with #1:

Thanks

Hi Jorge,

Are you looking for something like this:

And here is dyn file Fierro_Punta_Muro(Kulkul).dyn (35.2 KB)

1 Like

Yes! Thanks a lot! I’ve been trying a different -longer- way of the same thing. Thanks really!