Rebar cover size

Hi guys,

Im trying to make a script where I could change rebar cover size of structural elements in different levels of building. So, at this moment I came to a standstill in setting parameters of rebar cover size. First I tried to set rebar cover by <em>Code Blocks</em>, but that didn't work. I thought maybe <em>Dynamo</em> don't understand those kind of parameters which I wrote in<em> Code Blocks</em>, so I get these parameters from <em>Parameters list, </em>but in this way it isnt working either. Any ideas?

Thanks a lot

I have no ideas why the text is like that so I write it again.

Hi guys, I`m trying to make a script where I could change rebar cover size of structural elements in different levels of building.

So, at this moment I came to a standstill in setting parameters of rebar cover size. First I tried to set rebar cover by Code Blocks, but that didn’t work.

I thought maybe Dynamo don’t understand those kind of parameters which I wrote in Code Blocks, so I get these parameters from Parameters list, but in this way it isn`t working either. Any ideas?

Had a minute to look… these are the actual built in parameters you’re looking to get/set

CLEAR_COVER_EXTERIOR (walls only)
CLEAR_COVER_INTERIOR (walls only)
CLEAR_COVER_OTHER (all hosts except in-place families and stairs)
CLEAR_COVER (in-place families and stairs)
CLEAR_COVER_TOP (all hosts except walls, in-place families, and stairs)
CLEAR_COVER_BOTTOM (all hosts except walls, in-place families, and stairs)

For the cover parameter value you are trying to set for the element you need to use the RebarCoverType element and not the string.

Rebar Cover

Thank you so much!

I think this is a silly question, but how to get a rebar type (marked in red) list from the list of rebar name?

You can create a dictionary of the RebarCoverType’s and then extract the Type by the name using 2 nodes from the LunchBox package.