Know Pipes and Pipes Fittings from a point A to a point B

Hi guys…

First of all:
I would like to say thanks thanks and again…THANKSSSSSSSS to all the kind people that I’ve found here. This forum is really good and I’ve found very cleaver people here.

Without this forum I couldn’t understand the power of Dynamo…

I have to learn lots of things but I’m not scared…never give up!!! =)

I know that at the moment Dynamo is not really good for MEP but I would like to start to use it for what I work.

Let me explain what I would like to do:
The attached pic shows the Domestic water distribution.
This distribution starts from the plantroom (point A)

I would like to figure out if there is a way to know all the pipes and pipe fittings (bends, tees, crosses,etc…) from the point A to the point B.
Do you think it’s possible?
Thanks guys =)

a

Hi Luciano,

Thanks for your answer.
Sorry but how could that post be useful for my problem Luciano?

Cheers.

Hi Daniele,

Is it possible for you to put your rvt file here. I think it is possible to achieve what you need. I will fix your issue.

1 Like

Hi Kulkul,

Thanks for your help.
Unfortunately I have that file in my office.

But it’s not a problem.
I have done another example (see attached Revit file and pics )

Let’s say that I would like to know pipes and pipe fittings from the point A to the point B (only for the COLD water distribution)

test index1

Dynamo should give me all the pipes and pipe fittings like the pic below (without all the branches that don’t supply the point B)

b

The revit file is this:

TEST index

Thanks for your help Kulkul =)

Hi Daniele,

The easiest way to do as far as i know is to isolate elements (from Point A to Point B) in revit and then use Dynamo for your workflow. Your file is in Revit 2016, unfortunately i am not having Revit 2016 at the moment. But no worries i have done your example in Revit 2015. See below screenshot. Hope it helps!

Pipes

2 Likes

Hi Kulkul,

Thanks for your answer… it will be useful for sure!!! =)

The only thing that I have to think about is if there is a fast way to isolate pipes and pipe fittings from the point A to the point B.

If the point A is in the basement (Plantroom) and the point B is on the roof and I have for example 5 or more floors then I have to select manually all the pipes and pipe fittings from the point A to the point B (Am I wrong if I say that?)

And if the point B change (for example if I would like to know pipes and pipe fittings from the point A to a new point C) then I have to select again manually all the pipes and pipe fittings.

My problem is quite hard dear Kulkul but you have given me a good solution…

Thanks Kulkul =)

Hi kulkul the above image was not visible to view. Please post new one with download option.