KieranTimberlake is seeking a BIM Specialist to join our office.
See the full posting and apply @ https://goo.gl/FooAod
Our design process uses BIM as information-rich models for design optioning, visualization, analysis, construction, and post-occupancy evaluation. In this context, the BIM Specialist will focus on three primary areas of responsibility: ensuring the quality of BIM assets and deliverables, developing BIM applications, and facilitating the use of BIM tools.
The BIM Specialist is expected to be curious, ask questions, think strategically, and gracefully take and give direction. Because the BIM Specialist shapes office-wide BIM discourse and practices, all candidates must be able to work with others to prioritize current challenges and develop paths for implementation for both established and emerging BIM practices. Other responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Advancing office-wide BIM use and elevating BIM literacy
- Conducting BIM training for designers at all levels
- Stewarding BIM standards, tools, practices, and digital content libraries
- Developing BIM-oriented digital tools and computational solutions for building projects
- Identifying, tracking, assessing, and implementing emerging BIM workflows
- Collaborating with project teams on BIM practices across all project phases
The BIM Specialist will be a member of the KieranTimberlake Research Group, a highly collaborative and interdisciplinary team that requires its members to work well within a social environment.
- A degree in architecture or other design-related field
- At least 2-3 years of experience using BIM for design or construction
- Expertise in Revit, Rhino, and visual scripting software such as Dynamo and/or Grasshopper
- Desire and ability to work in a fast-paced, rigorous, collaborative environment
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and meet deadlines when working independently or as part of a larger team
- Comfort with multivariant design concepts
- Capacity to ask smart questions, draw out insight, and synthesize ideas
- Ability to navigate new and challenging situations
- Excellent communication skills
- Desire to empower others through process development and automation
Though not required, additional consideration will be given to individuals with experience using Revit API, .NET programming languages such as IronPython or C#, web applications, digital fabrication, database management, cross-platform data exchange, and web-based Revit collaboration platforms.