Keeping the MultipleInputForm++ (Data-Shapes) Dialog box open

Hi, Is there a way to keep the MultiInputForm++ (Data-Shapes) Dialog box open after clicking the run/apply/ok button?
I’d like the user to be able to make some changes (selections) and run the script again.
Thanks for any help…

I believe you’d need a modeless window for that, which DS isn’t (winform).

The best you could probably do is set up a secondary interface and hold for an API based selection event or sorts, or program the interface yourself with a while loop and something to hold Dynamo’s attention like a selection event in Revit.

Might be mistaken, but have looked into this before too and came to that conclusion. Hoping to be proved wrong.

Dynamo can only send from one node to the next once per run, and Automatic run mode has limits around pace. Personally I think you’re best off using the Dynamo inputs set up in the graph and run it with the full Dynamo UI.

For a ‘dynamic’ UI, you could build something out, but it would not work with Dynamo Player, and you would need automatic run mode on so selections would need to be carefully monitored.

Dynamo player with inputs works well.
Otherwise, you can run dynamo scripts via pyrevit. (You’ll have to build out your own Toolbar, and the scripts run a little slow, but there is no searching, opening, accidentally saving, etc.)
Building the toolbar out doesn’t require coding.
Technically, it’s very easy. You’ll probably spend more time making it look nice than on actually getting it to work.

Thanks Gavin,
By the way, I really enjoy your content and have learned quite a lot from it.

2 Likes

Thanks for the input…
I have been using pyRevit to create my own toolbars for work and running various scripts. I do find it a great and simple solution for those of us with limited programing skills.

Thanks Jacob,
I do like that at least the Dynamo player leaves the dialog box open for continual selections and running, I just don’t want the users to access it that way and was hoping I could do the same with the UI nodes and pyRevit toolbar.

Be sure to check out rpw.ui as well which you can use in pyrevit also:

https://revitpythonwrapper.readthedocs.io/en/latest/ui.html

Its able to make simple multiforms, although lacks listviews.

Thanks Gavin…

1 Like