Silman is looking for an experienced BIM Technician in the Washington DC area. Ideally with a strong eye towards innovation. If you are here on the DynamoBIM forums that’s great. I am heavily involved in the forums and we are looking for innovative users like yourself to join our team. We are an architecturally minded structural firm, so if you have a strong BIM background in either architecture or structure, we invite you to apply. If you come with Dynamo/Grasshopper experience that is a huge plus, if not expect to grow and learn quickly.
Posting Link: http://www.silman.com/careers/career-opportunities/
Linked in Link: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/1091851455/
Have questions? DM me or email us email@example.com
Here is the job posting information:
Silman is a nationally recognized structural engineering firm with locations in Lower Manhattan in New York overlooking the Brooklyn Bridge, along the C&O Canal in the Georgetown neighborhood of Washington, DC, and nestled in the heart of downtown Boston. Silman is a diverse and energetic firm of 160 employees who bring energy and creativity to the job. We offer excellent benefits, time-and-a-half overtime, summer hours, and much, much more.
We are currently seeking a Senior Structural BIM Technician for our Washington, DC, office. Prospective candidates will be in a position to contribute to a number of exciting and high-profile projects with renowned architectural clients and design professionals, and must have strong communication skills and proven expertise in the field of BIM technology.
Prospective candidates should have led BIM processes on a variety of projects and have a detailed understanding of engineering techniques, the rationale behind design decisions, and their application through BIM processes.
- Create 3D models for use in analysis & documentation
- Document & annotate 2D plans, sections, and details generated from 3D models
- Coordinate models & workflow between members of the design team
- Participate in project-specific QA/QC efforts
- Work as a member of a BIM team, reporting to a BIM Manager
- 5+ years of work-related experience or specialized training in Autodesk Revit
- Advanced knowledge of current Autodesk Revit software
- Proficiency in creation and editing of Autodesk Revit families
- Understanding of construction and construction practices
- Ability to read and understand engineering & architectural drawings
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of programming languages (Dynamo, Grasshopper, Python) is beneficial but not required
- Knowledge of other products in the Autodesk Building Design Suite (Navisworks, 3ds Max) is beneficial but not required
- Knowledge of other modeling products (AECOsim, Rhino) is beneficial but not required
- Ability to work overtime as projects require
- Relocating to the Washington, DC area.
- Authorization to work in the US
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Silman is an equal opportunity employer (EOE).