Is it possible to set a family type parameter

I am trying to set a parameter wat should not be a big thing but in real life is giving me some headaches

i want to set the manufacturers name to a other name via a import from a excel sheet but that seems to be a hard job for some reason

Hi @David_Pfeiffer,

Are you trying to write a Type or Instance parameter ?
If it is a Type parameter, try to add the “Element.ElementType” node
Place it between “All Elements of Category” and “Element.SetParameterByName”.

Kind regards,
Mark

6 Likes

Hi

wat i am trying to do is change the manufacturers name . the parameter is located in the edit type section and not directly in the properties bar

IT WORKS!!!

Thanks allot

Thank you very much. it works

@MJB-online What if it’s an Instance parameter?

The graph in the original poster’s screenshot works for Instance parameters.

To manipulate an instance parameter (Comments, Mark, etc.) you need the Element.
To manipulate a type parameter (Manufacturer, Type Mark, Type Comments, etc.) you need the Element’s ElementType.

Maybe I didn’t understand the question. My question is how to set an instance “Family Type” parameter of a family, in a project.

Like an option box?

They are treated as booleans, so true / false will represent the value of the name of the family type parameter you intend to change.

Like this.

Hmm, wouldn’t know without testing but is that ultimatly a string value?
so i suppose that the parameter value would just need to be a string that matches exactly the value of the option you are trying to achieve?

Its not a string. I know what you mean though. The value is odd because it doesn’t have the words Family or Family Type. See the options in the drop down in my image? They don’t have the words Family or Family Type. The Element.SetParameterByName node requires a variable for the value instead of a string but when I feed it a variable with the words Family & Family Type I get an error.

I believe it requires an element Id, which would be an integer in Dynamo. Give that a shot and if not please start a new topic as this is worthy of it’s own (readily found by search) discussion.

1 Like

How to set “NestedFamilyTypeReference” in Weld Symbol families? - Revit - Dynamo (dynamobim.com) I have a similar question on this topic started at the link above. I wasn’t able to get integer to work.