Is it possible to identify all the pipes tha are below a specific height?

Hi guys,

Is it possible to identify all the pipes that are below a specific height?
The idea is to identify Pipes, Ducts and Cable Trays below 2.4M from the Level.
Identify these elements and isolate them in a View.
Please suggest something.
I have tried to get the Bottom of Pipe (Shared Para) and use it in Navisworks to find these elements by this parameter. Is there any other better way?

Select all pipes on the given level (perhaps by view would be best). Get walking surfaces, thicken them by 2.4m or whatever other distance you may want, and union them into a single solid. Then use the geometry.intersectselement node in the Bimorph package to check if each pipe intersects with the unioned solid. Use the resulting boolean and a list.filterbyboolmask node to filter out any pipes which do not intersect the dynamo shown clearance.

1 Like

Hey Thanks so much for the reply… I didn’t understand the walking surface and union part of the explanation. Please elaborate. I would also highly appreciate if you can guide to create the script.
Thanks

Walking surfaces are any surface which faces up. Explode the solid and the the normal at parameter 0.5,0.5, then check what the Z component of that vector is. If it’s 1, it’s a walking surface. If it’s anything else, it isn’t.

I’m too busy to code this up, so take a stab and post where you get and I’ll try and help you along.

Cool… Thanks… Will try it out… :slight_smile: