Invert elevation of a pipe network from a profile

Hello everybody,

I want to ask you if there is a script to set the invert elevations of a pipe network from a profile, as it is possible to do with pressure networks.

I already know that Project Explorer can do something about, but I don’t think it’s as efficient as pipe runs for pressure networks

Thank you

1 Like

Looking into this today but having trouble finding time. Almost done with a script. Will update as soon as I find time to finish it.

Sorry for the delay. I believe this should work. Make sure the reference alignment is set to an alignment along the pipe network or use “SetRefAlignment” on the pipes to switch it and then switch it back, to what is necessary, for the purpose of the script.

I’m sure there is a simpler way but this is my best first attempt :slight_smile:

Pipe Network Elevations From Profile.dwg (2.8 MB)

PipeNetwork-ElevationsFromProfile.dyn (91.9 KB)

I think that he want the opposite of what you have thankfully done @WrightEngineering. He may want to set the invert of pipe network pipes to an already drawn and designed profile, like the pressure network pipe runs (you can draw layout profile and set it as reference profile for that pipe run).

Yes. I believe that is what the script will do. Perhaps I did not describe it properly. It will get the elevations of the profile and set the pipe invert elevations to match it at the matching station.

My bad, I didn’t catch that pipes elevations are changed in your attached video. Great work & thanks a lot.

1 Like