In-Place Families

HI all,
I have been trying to work out how to select in-place families and export to excel.

I have got the export to excel function ok and can select all family types, is there a way I can filter the family types to in-place only?
nay help appreciated.

Family.IsInPlace from package Clockwork.

Thanks Andreas,

Thats great, however it seems that this node only tells me via Boolean that the selected family is an in-place or not via true or false. I really want to select all in-place families over all categories and list them out…i can seem to find a way to do this.

3 Likes

Ah, that’s great. I was missing the List.FilterByBoolMask step.

Thank you very much. Greatly appreciated

Hello guys,

I am trying to use this workflow but for some reason I get this error:

__func_4f4e619cbd494fa68f0cb6db9d346c37 expects argument type(s) (var), but was called with (Revit.Elements.Family).

This is how my nodes are set up:

Has someone a solution for this?

replace the list.flatten node for the filter by boolean mask node

Haha oops… Didn’t have any coffee yet

But the problem is more that I don’t get output from the Clockwork node Family.InPlace only a error

what does the error say? (in the little box on top of the yellow node)

This

do you have Clockwork for Dynamo 2.x?

Yes Dynamo version and package version are correct

try this:

dont know if wombat for dynamo 2.x is released yet

Sorry but I don’t want to install an entire new package for just for one node. Besides that I have to implemented that company wide. I will look into if reinstalling clockwork works or if it works in older version of Dynamo. But @m.rijsmus thank you for your help!

If someone else has a other solution please let me know.

I’m trying to add onto this script - which works well listing the in-place families no problem. I can get dynamo to write the text file but often it is blank or only has 1 listed in place family.
Warning for List.Combine says - “Warning: Combine expects argument type(s) (Function, var), but was called with (Revit.Elements.FamilyInstance, var)”
I know it is flattening the @level lists pulled by All Elements of Family Type but I’m bad a list management. Any ideas?![List In place families - write file|689x440]
Working on R2019 / dyn 2.0

Got it. Self Five

Would you be willing to share your dynamo script for this? I could use this for a project i am on.