Image to Curtain Panels

From the image attached, a image has been attempted to be reflected upon spheres, then colourised accordingly.

It has nearly worked, yet not quite. It most likely has something to do with the order or list of the sphere family, however, due to the fact most of the image has translated perfectly, it doesn’t make sense why the final portion has failed.

Any thoughts?

Here is another attempt, with the same script. Tried many methods of altering the script, but no joy.

Any thoughts, much appreciated.

Is there any continuity as to how many pixels, how large a portion of the image etc that is “successful”? That would help identify the issue.

Alternatively you could try with a 8 pixel “image” for test purposes, so that you can follow the information flow all the way through, hopefully discovering one small oversight? :slight_smile:

I did try a 4 pixel, which the colours of red, green, yellow and blue were replicated, albeit in reverse.

The proportion of ‘error’ or misplacement does not appear to be consistent, if both test images and their results are compared.

I can see you’re using curtain panels, without sorting them.
You have to sort them by x and y first since they are sorted by time of placement or something by default.
This is a video I made some time ago about a similar topic:

Hi Viktor,

I watched your video.

I have tried sorting by X then Y, but the results are worse.

There appears to be no correlation between an images origin and X/Y in the context of what l am attempting.

Below is the result of sorting by X&Y

Well I had the same problem before sorting them first. Reading the picture’s pixels returns a 2 dimensional list or a list of lists containing rows of pixels. So to be able to map the image you have to create a list with the same structure from the curtain panels. That’s why I sorted them by height and position on the location line of the curtain wall. Also I’m selecting the wall and I get the panels on that wall only in order to avoid including any other panels (if any) found in the project.

yep I expressed my self in an incorrect way - for the image it would be X and Y, but since the wall is vertical it’s going to be the Height (Z) and the position on the location line of the wall

Would you video explain this?

When l watched it, l don’t recall this aspect.

Yes, I explain that in the video :slight_smile:
Now I saw it starts around minute 9.30

Just going through it, but not being able to see all the node connections, l shall probably not join the correct ones.

:smiley: