How to color panels by image file

In response to the tweet: “Trying to recolor curtain wall panels by image file and have no idea how to affect the list sequence. Help, @DynamoBIM ! #DynamoBIM

Find an example file here that maps colors from an image file to the panels on a facade. Note that this is overriding the color in the Revit view, however, not changing the element properties.

dynamoPanels

2 Likes

One of the issues that comes up with Curtain System Panels is that the list of panels is not usually “in order”, not neatly in rows and columns. I just uploaded CurtainPanel.Sort to the package manager. You can pass it a flat disorganized list of Panels (curtain system panels, not curtain panel by Pattern) and it will return the panels organized by row and column.

2014-10-01_0017

2 Likes

So… how do we change the element properties :slight_smile:

Other than sorting by color/material and writing to corresponding family types (if material is a type property).

Or use the Grimshaw Change Family Type custom node to swap them out selectively.

Or define the material palette and then create a shared material instance parameter for the panel family type - then I could write from Dynamo by calling out the material type names.

Any other ways?

1 Like

Care to post the Node Colin? :slight_smile:

Works like a charm :slight_smile: thanks

Capture

1 Like

Is it possible to apply this override on other divided patterns. I want to use this on a 1/2 step pattern.

thank you very much!

hi guys can i know the packages use used to run the script panels.

There are a few packages you can use. One of them is Ampersand.

2 Likes