Identify certain wall types within a list

Hi everyone,

I have a very long list of elements, consisting of walls and model curves.
Within the wall category I need to isolate all the curtain walls while maintaining the list structure. The list structure has 143 sub-lists, which I need to keep in tact as I am trying to find the curtain walls that are in each space specifically. So far I have fed the information through to the Element.Name node, then to WallType.ByName, then filtered this list using the string.contains node to get a list of only the curtain walls in each space.
So I have the arrangement I need, but my problem is that every one of the curtain walls has the same Element ID in the list, so it doesn’t look like it is the Actual Revit wall and I cannot pull parameter from them. Can anyone help me with this?

This is actually quite simple to do. I’ll take a look at it.

Is this what you are looking for?

Get Parameter from only walls.dyn (18.8 KB)

Hi again Daan :grin:

Not quite, but I did manage to solve it just before you messaged, thanks alot😊

1 Like

Mind sharing? This way the next person with the question will be able to follow in your footsteps.

1 Like

Sure, it was actually really simple, I was trying to over complicate it.

I got the ELement.Name of everything in the originial list, searched for strings containing “Curtain”, took out the nulls, and used that against the original list again with the nulls removed as well, then was left with only the curtain walls in their correct spaces.