I want to export element parameter properties to Excel, but I'm stuck at the first step... I can't even find what's the family type of the model...pls help

Hi guys :') I’m trying to use dynamo to export element parameter to Excel. but I can’t even find what’s the element’s category…I think bc the model was “group” ? I tried to ungroup or explode, still not working… pls help…

normally, I just follow these steps to find out the elements (“Select Model Element” > “Element.GetCategory” > “All Placed Types of Category” > “All elements of Family Type”) or (“Categories” > “All Placed FAmily Types of Category” > “All Elements of Family Type”)

Thank you so much !

TORRE DOBLE TERNA.rfa (1.6 MB)

When I’m check your process, I can’t see any process relate to get all parameters of element, the process depend on your enviroment you are working , is it your process opening with family or opening with family inside project ?

Hi chuongmep,
actually, I’m just downloaded the model from somewhere, I’m trying to export the element parameter properties to excel and then using the parameter to rebuild a different structure. (a school project)
So I’m not sure the elements of the model have any parameters or not…I just give it a try, I guess…

Thanks for your reply :slight_smile:

When you are in current project, you can use node Element.Parameters to get all parameter of this family, and when you open that family in editor mode, we need use another node to get all family parameter.

I checked the parameters - all the family section fields are blank. Does this mean it is impossible to export the element parameter properties by using the family type? And does this mean I need to export them one by one?

Thanks again :smiling_face_with_tear:

Is it you want export parameters from project with family loaded inside or from family inviroment ? I’m just confuse with your question .

Sry that I understand my original question may have been unclear. To summarize what I’m trying to do:

I need to extract all of the parameters for all component types that are used in my project. Exporting directly from individual family files would only give me the parameters for that single family, but not show parameters for other component types.

Exporting from the project itself would allow me to see and extract a consolidated list of all parameters across all loaded components in one go.

Please let me know if this helps explain what I’m trying to achieve. Based on needing all component parameters, I believe exporting from the loaded project file is what I need.