How to use wombat Wall.ByProfile for Wall Finishes

sorry i just mean show whole graph…with nodes as here :wink: so we can see whats goin on

sure ill do that.

I tried the first method. Wall.ByFace node giving errors

hold up, i think i used the wrong FamilyInstancebyGeomtry node

hmmm thats not the way i show…try do exactly as in post #16 and try with the right family insert node from synthezise…right now you feed in a family instance into your surface

Which package is this node from?

this one is from spring but as i wrote you should use this one here from synthesize as you are in 2022 i guess…spring doesnt works well in 2022 thats why…

I think I have made the script correctly. please let me know if there are any errors.

yes seems to work now :wink:

element.faces is giving internal error. i will check why its giving the eroor

yeah difficult to say as your image you upload isnt clear…you need zoom in and have you nodes expanded so we can see whats goin on…you can share you graph and rvt you try on here and i take a look

ok. ill do that. in the meantime, could you share your script which had worked? so that i we can rule out if there is mistake with the script?

I dont have it anymore i just made it for an exemple…

WallProfileSynthesize.dyn (37.0 KB)
aaaaa.rvt (5.4 MB)
files i’m using. the rvt has mass inserted

the rvt you send dont have any walls or room ???..anyway try with crossproduct as here in the intersect node…

WallProfileSynthesize.dyn (44.6 KB)

hello, was assigned some other work. now back to plastering. will checkout the script that you have uploaded.

Element.Faces still giving me internal error. Is the script working out for you?

what I have noticed is, Element.faces node keeps showing Null. Unlike your node, its not getting a list of the surfaces.

Hi @10dbim3 not sure as we cant see what goin on…could you share an image with the whole graph with all output showed…thanks