How to set parameter at node?

It doesnt work as i wish. I wanted the parameter at each node accordingly with the list what is not happening. Any toughts?

Hi…not really…its almost impossible to say whats wrong with these limit information…try share your graph, then someone can probably help…

The parameter is changing when i insert the value through code block, but not with the list. The list has the some amount of values of families inserted so is just matching the value to the element. With sharing the graph, you mean sharing the .dyn file? @sovitek

Can you show the result of each node?

Like this? But its uploading the value of 3.5 to all points where it should be 2.5 on the first ones them raising arriving the end with 3.5

Oh, now I understand. Your elements are family type and they’re all the same type (you can see that their IDs are the same value). So when you set parameter, the previous value will be overwritten with following one.
In conclusion, you should take family instances as your elements input, not the same family type. Add a “All Elements Of Type” node after the “Family Types” node and check out the result.

1 Like

Made complete sense, thanks for the help. But with this change the parameter name is no longer the same and gives error on the setparameterbyname node

You’ll need to modify the parameter so it is an instance parameter instead of a type parameter.

2 Likes

Really apreciated! Obrigado Jacob!

Please remember if your elements input are family instances, the parameter have to be a instance parameter. If your elements input are family types, then the parameter will be a type parameter.

1 Like