How to Open/Fix Corrupted dyn. file?

Hello @Ahmed_Ramy, the JSON appears to be valid so it would need debugging. Are you comfortable sending on your Dynamo graph and the file you were running it on? Can be private via Direct Message :slight_smile:

@solamour Hi Sol ! Thanks for answering! Here you’ll find the graph.
POLYLINES TO C3D PIPES.dyn (131.5 KB)

1 Like

@Ahmed_Ramy - @jacob.small took a look (He has Civil installed on his machine and I do not :smiley: ) and figured out the following way to get it to open. All credit goes to him :superhero: You’ll have to validate if the graph is indeed correct beyond that:

Steps:

1. Open your .DYN file in a text editor such as Notepad
  2. Use “CTRL + F” to search for the NodeLibraryDependencies key inside the JSON file
  3. This value is null which is causing your graph to fail. Change it to an empty list by replacing Null with [ ]
  4. Save your .DYN file and reopen in Civil 3D

Before fix:

After fix:

Or you can use this file that @jacob.small fixed for you :slight_smile: POLYLINES TO C3D PIPES - JWS REPAIR.dyn (130.5 KB)

Can you please let us know as best you can the answers to the following so we can track down why it broke? If any of this is sensitive you can always DM either of us:

1. What is the history of this file - Where did you start it?
  2. What version of Civil 3D are you using for it, and what version of Dynamo?
  3. Has it moved between Computers?
  4. Has it lived on the Cloud?
4 Likes

Hi @solamour ! Thanks for helping out ! Totally appreciate it. Absolutely, no problem.
The visual script was running on C3D 2023 and dynamo 2.13.1.3887. The problem I believe was due to a corrupt code block I didn’t debug as I’ve saved the script with this block giving me warnings .

Can you explain to me what NodeLibraryDependencies means in case the issue got repeated again.

1 Like

Hi @Ahmed_Ramy - The NodeLibraryDependencies key is around any custom package nodes used inside your graph :slight_smile: In the case below, my test graph you can see this via the Name, showing that my graph is using nodes from the Ampersand, Clockwork for Dynamo 2.x, Rhythm and VASA packages.

This is also the part of the DYN file that the Workspace References extension checks to tell you if you are missing packages :smiley: