How to join non-overlapping surfaces/BoundingBox?

Hi, all.

I made several circle surfaces in each rectangular.

There are 4 circles in each rectangular and there are element points.

I would like to see which combination of the circle can cover more points.

The combinations of the circle are 16 cases below.

I tried to realize this algorism like below.

But I don’t know how to joint the non-overlapping surfaces or bounding box to simultaneously consider 2 surfaces.

Anyone know how to join non-overlapping surface or bounding box?

Don’t. It’d be faster to ask each circle how many points it has in it, and then get the Red circle which contains the most circles, and then the blue circle which contains the most circles. if you upload your dataset I’ll take a stab at how to do this when I get home.

Right now the only way to union curve loops and surfaces out of the box, is to first solidify them, perform the desired boolean ops and finally intersect the result with the input curve’s plane:

@Dimitar_Venkov how would that work when the surfaces don’t touch?

Like @jacob.small said, you don’t have to compare them at the same time. You can compare them separately but you do have to be careful of overlap. Using the Blue circle with the most points and the Red circle with the most points might not necessarily give you the largest combination if the two circles have a lot of overlap (I assume you’re only counting each point once.)

True it’s not useful for such cases but it might prove useful for the overlapping cases, to avoid double counting.

1 Like

Thank you all!
I tried to convert surface into solid and it works!

Thank you!