How to insert a QR Code Image created in Dynamo to the Image properties in an assembly in Revit?

Hello All,
I’m trying to get this QR code to populate within the image field of the properties of an assembly. Any ideas how I can push this QR code to my properties would greatly be appreciated.

Hi @NledfordRKFQK

To begin with, the value type must be defined to the node. To do this, i have linked manuelly a picture with a wall.

grafik

According to the screenshot, the node accepts only ElementType from the category Image.

This type is called ImageType. You can look up how ImageType can be created here:

Using this documentation I have written a python script.

grafik

As output the python node returns an image converted into ImageType that can be futher used to set the parameter.

2 Likes

Hey Meychick,
I tried piecing this together different ways. I’m getting the Python Script error code below.

Warning: IronPythonEvaluator.EvaluateIronPythonScript operation failed.
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “”, line 25, in
TypeError: expected ExternalResourceReference, got Bitmap

On a side note I was able to get the QR codes to populate in some folders.
If we can get both done in one script I think It’d help a lot of people out.
This is my first attempt in Dynamo so I appreciate the help!

You should be feeding it the image path so that it can create a new ImageType within your project.

2 Likes

Thank you both!
Used Meychik Python Script and finished off with Nick’s recommendation to finish the connection!

So, this script now populates the QR codes in a folder and populates the image field in the properties of the assembly selected!

I have attached the finished product.

Thank you,
Nathan

1 Like

Complete

1 Like

Why do I not work like you?