Dynamo Node/Script for QR code generating

Moring/Afternoon,

Im looking for a QR code generation node and/or script. I want to generate a QR code for a certain element, then have this stored in an images parameter. I have attempted to add a couple, however nothing seems to be working in R23 Dynamo.

If anyone also has insight into generating a QR code that could load a BIM 360 view with the element selected. Say on site someone could scan a QR code of a window, then have BIM 360 load a 3D view with the window selected?

Any assistance is much appreciated,

Thank you,
Josh

Have you searched for similar topics? There are a decent number of threads that already tackle these issues. Is there something specific that you’re having trouble with?

There’s a solved QR code generator here. It uses IronPython so in Revit 2023 you may need to install the DSIronPython2.7 package for it to work.

To select a specific element i believe you might need to unravel if a web syntax already exists in BIM360 related to element Id’s, and if not a customized forge viewer and code might be able to accept a specific web syntax (e.g. the viewer address followed by an element Id query) to select an element. Beyond my understanding though.

1 Like

Thanks!
Ill have a look at that for R23.

Yeah i figured as much that forge would need to be included in the resolution. This will be a good one to get that team on. Ill post if do do make any headway, I’m sure this could prove useful if successful

Cheers for your help

1 Like